The Bantu Marketplace is committed to providing quality services to you and this policy outlines our ongoing obligations to you in respect of how we manage your Personal Information.
We have adopted the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Privacy Act). The NPPs govern the way in which we collect, use, disclose, store, secure and dispose of your Personal Information.
A copy of the Australian Privacy Principles may be obtained from the website of The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.aoic.gov.au
What is Personal Information and why do we collect it?
Personal Information is information that identifies an individual. Examples of Personal Information include: names, addresses, email addresses, social media handles, credit card details and telephone numbers.
We may collect personal information when you purchase any of the products or use any of the services offered by us. This Personal Information is obtained in many ways including when you use our website www.thebantumarketplace.com (Website), complete the contact form, buy our products, enter a competition we are running, interact with us on social media, or send us an email in the course of our business relationship with customers, suppliers and other business contacts.
We collect your Personal Information for the primary purpose of providing our services to you, and improving them. You may unsubscribe from our mailing list by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of emails or contacting us in writing.
How will your personal information be used?
We may use and disclose your Personal Information for purposes necessary to provide you with our products as services, including to:
- Register and maintain your user account;
- Process your order and collect payment for the order;
- Facilitate you transacting via alternative payment methods such as Paypal or Afterpay;
- Pack and deliver the products you purchased, including couriers calling or messaging you to obtain your delivery instructions;
- Provide, maintain and improve our technology, products and services, and monitor their effectiveness;
- Provide you with services and functions related to your user account, such as saved items in cart and promotions;
- To carry out administration, marketing, planning, procurement, product and service development, quality control and research to improve the way we provide products and services to you;
- Comply with any applicable law, regulation or regulator’s directive; and
- Ensure our Website functions properly and to improve its performance, by carrying out activities such as debugging and statistical analyses for optimising our Website.
(collectively, the "Purposes")
This website stores cookies on your computer. These cookies are used to collect information about how you interact with our website and allow us to remember you. We use this information in order to improve and customise your browsing experience and for analytics and metrics about our visitors both on this website and other media.
Where reasonable and practicable to do so, we will collect your Personal Information only from you. However, we will take reasonable steps to inform you if a third party provides your Personal Information to us.
Security of Personal Information
Your Personal Information is stored electronically in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
When your Personal Information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your Personal Information.
Access to your Personal Information
You may access the Personal Information we hold about you and to update and/or correct it, subject to certain exceptions. If you wish to access your Personal Information, please contact us in writing.
In order to protect your Personal Information we may require identification from you before releasing the requested information.
This Policy may change from time to time and is available on our website.
The Bantu Marketplace
585 Little Collins Street